Plus One

Wednesday 7 August 2013

Max Mara's first ever Accessories campaign, starring Jennifer Garner




JENNIFER GARNER The first ever Accessories campaign starring the award-winning actress, photographed in New York by Mario Sorrenti, for the JBAG. Described by the luxury brand house as 'A true modern classic. Beautifully hand crafted from the finest materials and designed with refined simplicity. The JBag is an ageless icon of understated elegance that will transcend occasion and stand the test of time.

The American actress is the first and currently only celebrity spokesperson of Max Mara. Starting next month, September 2013. The campaign will appear in Vogue, Harpers Bazaar, Elle, W, InStyle, The New York Times and The International Herald Tribune.



Behind the scenes at the JBag shoot we get to see during the shoot, how the luxury house captured a few relaxed moments of conversation in Jennifer's busy schedule to find out her thoughts on life, loves, and being a very stylish lady.


Max Mara Accessories Fall/Winter 2013 Campaign starring Jennifer Garner - Behind the scenes

THE INTERVIEW
Jennifer Garner is a very busy actress. Balancing her time between a successful career and, in her words, her favourite "job": being a mother. Not that raising a family (she has two daughters, Violet, 7, and Seraphina, 4, and one boy, Sam, 1, and husband Ben Affleck) has meant sacrificing her love for fashion and for style. Perhaps precisely because of this the actress (and activist) has become a red carpet favourite admired for her sophisticated and glamorous allure. "I don't like to seem like a paper cut-out even in fashion photographs, I want to look like a real woman", she says proudly. chatting with Jennifer in photographer Mario Sorrenti's studio during the shooting of the cover of this issue of MM Magazine and the "J- Bag" campaign. Here is Max Mara's interview…

How would you define your style?
Pragmatic! I like to wear garments of guaranteed elegance, that have a real luxurious texture and feel good against your skin. Like a camel coat – you can't go wrong.

Wife-mother-actress… You're a very busy lady. How does this reflect in the way you dress?
I have a basic style mandate for myself: both in life and on the red carpet I don't want to feel like I'm wearing a theatre costume. Some outfits work on other people, but may be too cool for me. Of course, I like clothes to be beautiful.

How was it working with super photographer Mario Sorrenti?
Mario is a real dreamboat. Since he's not here, I can say that. He's a talented storyteller, a delightful enchanter.

Let's talk a little bit about film. What was your favourite film when you were growing up?
"The Wizard of Oz". I've watched it a lot recently with my kids and – I have to say – it is still a timeless success
.
When was the first time you felt like an actress?
The first time I felt like an actress was my first real job. I was living in New York and I got a job as an understudy in a play entitled "A Month in the Country" starring Helen Mirren and F. Marie Abraham and Ron Rifkin. I made $150 a week. I didn't have enough money to take the subway so I walked.

We heard you singing on the shoot today. Another passion of yours?
No, I would never sing in front of a camera. I sing lullabies at night. Usually I never sing in front of anyone. Or at least no one above the age of seven.

What do you think about the "J-Bag" – this season's new cult bag by Max Mara – that you were photographed holding?
I like the size of it. I like that it's big enough to carry whatever technology you want to stuff in there, but it's small enough that you won't lose your lipstick.


visit maxmara.com for the JBAG

Pic & Content: Max Mara

For luxury authentic products & services; http://www.luxuryonlinestore.net

If you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing it, leaving a comment or subscribing to the RSS feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader.

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments: